1 hr 10 mins
This recipe came entirely from hungrygirl.com. This omelet is huge and chock-full of protein.
My Private Note
HUGE sl ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese
- 1 cup sliced bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Into a deep, round casserole dish (about 9 inches wide) sprayed with nonstick spray, pour egg substitute and milk. Add shredded cheese, tomatoes, spinach, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix well, and then set aside.
- 3Bring a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray (butter-flavored spray if you have it) to high heat. Stirring occasionally, cook peppers, onions, and mushrooms for 2 minutes (just long enough to brown the outsides). Add veggies to the casserole dish, and mix well.
- 4Place dish in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Next, carefully remove the dish from the oven and evenly cover with parm-style topping. Return it to the oven, and cook for 20 - 25 minutes longer (until the top has puffed and is firm).
- 5Allow to cool slightly before cutting. Then, if you like, finish off with the optional ingredients such as sugar-free ketchup or salsa (or any of your fave omelet toppers!).
- 6tip: make the night before so you can have a breakfast that only needs to be reheated for the morning.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungry Girl's Ginormous Oven-Baked Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.4
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 381.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat parmesan cheese