Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is great!The only thing is it has a long cooking time, but she says that you can make it the night before then heat in the microwave in the morning. I was really pleased with this.Next time I might add some spinach and maybe some reduced fat feta instead of the parm. Or add some hot sauce in the egg mixture.I made mine in a deep pyrex pie plate. PER SERVING (1 huge piece, 1/4th of dish): 140 calories, 3g fat, 387mg sodium, 9g carbs, 1g fiber, 5g sugars, 18g protein -- POINTS® value 3*
- 2 cups fat free egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese (any flavor)
- 1 cup sliced bell pepper (any color)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon grated reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- ketchup (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
- Into a deep, round casserole dish (about 9 inches wide) sprayed with nonstick spray, pour egg substitute and milk. Add shredded cheese, tomatoes, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix well, and then set aside.
- Bring a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray (butter-flavored spray if you have it) to high heat. Stirring occasionally, cook peppers, onions, and mushrooms for 2 minutes (just long enough to brown the outsides). Add veggies to the casserole dish, and mix well.
- Place dish in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Next, carefully remove the dish from the oven and evenly cover with parm-style topping. Return it to the oven, and cook for 20 - 25 minutes longer (until the top has puffed and is firm). Allow to cool slightly before cutting. Then, if you like, finish off with the optional ingredients (or any of your fave omelette toppers!).
- MAKES 4 SERVINGS.
I love this. I make it weekly for my work breakfast. I use mushrooms, green onion, spinach and drained, canned Italian tomatoes. I also add hot sauce and hot pepper flakes. Will add a jalape
Makes a very good omelette. I used red and yellow peppers, spinach, mushrooms, onions and shredded fat free sharp cheddar cheese. Will make often!