Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw this on the Hungry Girls' site and thought it looked interesting. I guess you could fill them withever you would like (of course the points would be affected). PER SERVING (1 pocket): 88 calories, 1g fat, 242mg sodium, 16g carbs, 1g fiber, 1.5g sugars, 4g protein -- POINTS® value 2* Pockets are the new pies... spread the word.
- 12 large square egg roll wraps (found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket with the other Asian items)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat free condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 cups frozen bite-sized mixed vegetables (like diced carrots, peas, corn, etc.)
- 2 ounces cooked lean skinless chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small dish, mix cornstarch thoroughly with 1 teaspoons cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch mixture with soup, and mix thoroughly. Add veggies and chicken, mix well, and then season to taste with salt and pepper, if you like. This is your filling. Set aside.
- On a large dry surface, lay out three egg roll wrappers. Set out a small dish of water, dip your finger into it, and then run your finger along all of the wrapper edges -- repeat this as needed while preparing your pockets, as it will help keep them sealed.
- Starting about 1/2 inch from the bottom, place 2 - 3 tablespoons of filling along the bottom half of each wrapper, leaving a 1/2-inch border on both sides. Fold the top half of each wrapper over, so that the top edge meets the bottom -- the mixture should be completely encased with a 1/2-inch border on three sides. Dab each border with water, and fold each inward about 1/4 inch to lightly seal all sides. Press firmly along the borders with the prongs of a fork to seal completely.
- Line a large baking pan with foil and/or spray with nonstick spray. Using a large spatula, carefully transfer the pockets to the baking pan. Repeat the entire process 3 more times, so that you have 12 pockets on the baking sheet. If needed, prepare and use an additional baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Then dig in!