Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Got this from a HG email, have not tried it, but decided to post for safe-keeping :) She recommends serving with spray butter or cool whip. Prep time is a guesstimate
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added applesauce
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (both types of flour, Splenda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon).
- In a separate bowl, mix together all wet ingredients (mashed bananas, egg substitute, applesauce, and vanilla extract).
- Add wet mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir until just blended. Don't over-stir!
- Spoon batter into a large loaf pan (about 9" X 5") sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This was pretty darn good. I used about 2 cups mashed bananas & so reduced the appleauce to 1/3 cup, and the splenda to 1/2 cup. I used part oatmeal flour/whole wheat flour & added 1/4 cup mini choc chips cuz I just love 'em! It came together easily & baked up great. I got about 10 slices out of it. Thank you for sharing!
Great recipe. I only changed a couple of things. I substituted 1/4 cup of the whole wheat flour with 1/4 cup of soy flour. (We're trying to get a little more soy) I believe you can sub up to 1/4 of the total amounts of flour with soy flour w/o any problems. I also added some wheat germ. (Only for added health benefits) Also added 1 tablespoon of canola oil. I'm sure it would have been fine without, but I worried about it being moist enough. To be fair, I never made it without it. My family ate the loaf in one day. Thanks!
This was a surprisingly moist, tasty bread. I made it for an office breakfast and it was a big hit. With so many people watching calories/weight, it was the perfect choice.