Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from Hungry Girl's new book. Weight Watchers points value is 3 points per serving. The servings from this recipe is 12.
- 4 ounces Cool Whip Free, half an 8 oz container
- 1⁄4 cup fat free cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mcneil nutritionals splenda no calorie artificial sweetener
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon food coloring, neon pink, divided (2 drops)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon davinci gourmet sugar-free raspberry flavored syrup or 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar-free strawberry syrup
- 9 1⁄8 ounces white cake mix, 2 cups (half an 18.25 oz package)
- 1 cup diet cola, black cherry flavor
- 4 large egg whites, about 1/2 cup
- 6 medium strawberries, pureed
- cooking spray, 2 sprays
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine whipped topping, cream cheese, Splenda, vanilla extract, 1 drop of food coloring and syrup.
- Using an electric mixer at medium-low speed, blend until frosting is thoroughly mixed, about 1 minute.
- Chill frosting in freezer for 20 minutes and then transfer to refrigerator until ready to frost cupcakes.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, soda and egg whites; add pureed strawberries and remaining drop of food coloring.
- Mix with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray, or line with cupcake wrappers. Evenly spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake until firm, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in pan.
- Once cool, remove cupcakes from pan and evenly spread with frosting. Yields 1 cupcake per serving.