Recipe by Huskergirl
Ooey-good apple madness! HG Tip! This apple mixture is also great solo with a dollop of fat-free Cool Whip!
- 4 apples, sliced and peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 reduced-calorie pita bread, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small covered saucepan, cook sliced and peeled apples in 1/4 cup of water until tender (2-3 minutes). Remove from heat and drain water.
- Into 1/4 cup of COLD water, mix vanilla, no-cal sweetener, cinnamon and cornstarch. Cook and stir until thickened to a caramel-sauce-like consistency (adding a few drops more water if it gets too thick).
- Remove from heat and stir apples into mixture.
- Stuff 4 warm pita halves (30 seconds in the microwave should do it) with mixture.