Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
I wasn't sure about apple and onion in scrambled eggs, but it's very tasty and this has become one of my favorite single-serving breakfast recipes. When I first made the recipe, I used cheese for Laughing Cow Light Swiss by mistake, but it's a good alternative -- and fewer calories than Mini Babybel Light Cheese (50 vs. 35). In addition to the spices, I also use a sprinkling of Green Herb Seasoned Salt (Green Herb Seasoned Salt). Nutritional Information: 188 Calories with Babybel and 173 with Light Swiss.
- 1⁄3 fuji apple, cored and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters Original)
- 1 (21 g) mini babybel light cheese or 1 (21 g) Laughing Cow light swiss cheese, chopped
- salt (optional)
- ground black pepper (optional)
- garlic powder (optional)
- Chop onion and apple.
- Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. I find a mug is not large enough, and I use a bowl.
- Add apple and onion. Microwave 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pat dry to remove excess moisture. Add egg and stir. Microwave 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and seasonings. Microwave 1 minute or until scramble is set.