These cupcakes are so moist, so delicious, so RED, and so completely guilt-free, that writing extra words to introduce this recipe would be a complete and total waste of everyone's time. Serving Size: 1 frosted cupcake Calories: 134 Fat: 3g Sodium: 266mg Carbs: 25g Fiber: 0.75g Sugars: 11g Protein: 3g POINTS® value 3
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pillsbury moist supreme reduced sugar devils food cake mix
- 1 cup pillsbury moist supreme reduced-sugar yellow cake mix
- 2 (1 ounce) fat free powdered cocoa mix, packets (diet)
- 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg product (like Egg Beaters)
- 1/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 ounce red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon Splenda granular, no calorie artificial sweetener (granulated)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1Place half of your chocolate chips (2 tbsp.) and the contents of both cocoa packets in a tall glass.
- 2Add 12 ounces of boiling water, and stir until chips and cocoa mix have dissolved. Place glass in the freezer until mixture is cold (about 30 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix together marshmallow creme, cream cheese, and 1 tablespoons Splenda until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip.
- 4Place bowl in the fridge to chill until cupcakes are ready to be frosted. Once the cocoa in the freezer has chilled, give it a stir, and pour it into a large mixing bowl.
- 5Add the cake mixes, egg substitute, remaining chocolate chips, red food coloring, 1 teaspoons Splenda, and salt. Using a whisk or fork, mix batter for about 2 minutes (until smooth and blended). Batter will be thin, but don't worry, your cupcakes will puff up once baked!
- 6Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups, and spray lightly with nonstick spray (or simply spray the pan with nonstick spray). Evenly spoon batter into the pan.
- 7Place pan in the oven, and bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Cupcakes will look shiny when done. Once cupcakes have cooled completely, evenly spread the frosting over them.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungry Girl Red Velvet Insanity Cupcakes (Ww - 3 Points)
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.7
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced sugar devils food cake mix
reduced-sugar yellow cake mix
fat free powdered cocoa mix
fat-free liquid egg product
Cool Whip Free
fat free cream cheese