Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the HG Cookbook 200 under 200. This cookbook has an amazing collection of recipes that are all under 200 calories. This is one that immediately caught my eye! Hope you enjoy it! From HG - entire scramble has 173 calories, 2.5g fat, 7.5g carbs & 3g sugars (this is if you choose to use the turkey pepperoni)
- 354.88 ml fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 236.59 ml fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 177.44 ml canned Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 27 slice turkey pepperoni, quartered
- 0.75 ml salt
- 0.75 ml oregano
- 0.75 ml garlic powder
- 0.75 ml ground pepper
- Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to a medium heat. Add egg substitute and turkey pepperoni and scramble as you would ordinary eggs.
- Add salt, oregano, garlic powder and black pepper. Once scramble begins to look solid after about 1 minute, add drained tomatoes.
- Scramble for another 30 seconds or so and then add mozzarella cheese and reduce heat to low and cover pan.
- Let cook for another 30 seconds or until cheese melts.
This was really good. I used low-calorie jarred pasta sauce instead of the diced tomatoes.
Yum! I made this with 2 eggs but followed the rest of the recipe as written. Very simple and tasty. Loved the combination of flavors. Thanks HokiesLady for a nice brunch. Made for I Recommend Tag.
I made this for 2 using 3 large eggs, a little milk, spicy pepporoni, fresh tomatoes (picked fresh from the vine) and mozzarella cheese and some fresh oregano and garlic (from the garden) and freshly cracked pepper, made it omelette style and served with toasted wholemeal/wholegrain buttered toast to make a wonderfully filling breakfast for the DM and I. Thank you HoliesLady, made for Potluck tag game.