Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mixing cauliflower and potato is a GREAT way to get true mashed potato taste and texture, with a healthier, lower calorie spin. Woohoo!
- 1 large about 13-oz . potato
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon light whipped butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper and additional salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, peel and cube the potato.
- Once water is boiling, add peeled potato cubes and cauliflower. Wait for the water to return to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes (until potatoes and cauliflower are very tender).
- Remove the pot from heat and strain out all of the water. Transfer contents to a large bowl, and add half & half, butter/buttery spread, salt, and (if you like) crushed garlic. Mash it all together with a potato masher, until completely blended. Season to taste with pepper and additional salt. Enjoy!
Delicious, satisfying and good for you. Can't go wrong with that. Thank you.
This was very good. I made it with a WW pork roast recipe and it was a nice complement to the meal. Actually really nice to have a comfort meal that was low in fat.
This is truly good, whether you are on a diet or not!