Recipe by GingerlyJ
This mac and cheese is good, creamy and actaully good for you. Little kids are more likely to eat their broccoli if mac and cheese is mixed in. I used green giant broccoli with cheese and Laughing cow cheese wedges
- 2 cups whole wheat rotini
- 6 cups frozen broccoli in lowfat cheese sauce
- 3 wedges light spreadable swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, prepare pasta according to the instructions on the package; drain well and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, place contents of the broccoli and sauce package in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave until sauce has melted and broccoli is hot, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the bowl is cool enough to handle, remove it from the microwave and add cooked pasta. Unwrap cheese wedges and add those as well.
- Mix thoroughly, ensuring that the wedged cheese is evenly distributed and the pasta and broccoli are coated in cheese sauce. Season with salt and pepper, if using. Garnish with parsley, if using.