Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe for cheese sauce featured in a nacho swapper recipe on the Hungry Girl newsletter. One serving for a plate of nachos. I've made this a few times now and I'm very pleased with it. I've made it with 75% reduced fat sharp cheddar and jalapeno bits for a spicy nacho. I had a hard time measuring the ounces, I've ended up winging it and using about equal parts of all ingredients to make large batches.
- 4 ounces light vanilla soymilk
- 3 ounces fat-free cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- Melt all three cheeses in a saucepan with the soymilk; stir to combine.
- Best results for me on a low to medium heat, stirring constantly so it doesn't burn to the bottom of the pan.