1/2 Photos of Hungry Girl Kung Pow Chicken
Got this from the daily email from HG. This looks really good. Saved here for safekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 1 cup mushroom (cut in chunks)
- 1 cup bell pepper (cut in chunks red and or or green)
- 3/4 cup celery (chopped)
- 3/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts (drained or sliced)
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons splenda no calorie artificial sweetener, granulated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted unsalted peanuts (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons red chili sauce (add more for extra spice!)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1Begin by combining 2 tablespoons of cold water with soy sauce, vinegar, Splenda, cornstarch and chili sauce -- stir well until all ingredients have dissolved. Set sauce aside.
- 2Spray a large pan or wok with nonstick spray, and bring to medium-high heat.
- 3Add chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers, celery, onion, garlic and 2 tablespoons of water. Stirring occasionally, cook for about 5 minutes.
- 4Once chicken is almost fully cooked but still tender, add peanuts and water chestnuts to the pan or wok.
- 5Raise heat to high, give sauce a stir, and add it to the pan/wok as well. Mix entire dish until all ingredients are coated in sauce, and the sauce is hot and thick. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungry Girl Kung Pow Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.4
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1164.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili sauce