Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this from the daily email from HG. This looks really good. Saved here for safekeeping.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed)
- 1 cup mushroom (cut in chunks)
- 1 cup bell pepper (cut in chunks red and or or green)
- 3⁄4 cup celery (chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts (drained or sliced)
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons splenda no calorie artificial sweetener, granulated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted unsalted peanuts (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons red chili sauce (add more for extra spice!)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Begin by combining 2 tablespoons of cold water with soy sauce, vinegar, Splenda, cornstarch and chili sauce -- stir well until all ingredients have dissolved. Set sauce aside.
- Spray a large pan or wok with nonstick spray, and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers, celery, onion, garlic and 2 tablespoons of water. Stirring occasionally, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Once chicken is almost fully cooked but still tender, add peanuts and water chestnuts to the pan or wok.
- Raise heat to high, give sauce a stir, and add it to the pan/wok as well. Mix entire dish until all ingredients are coated in sauce, and the sauce is hot and thick. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Very tasty! I only used 3 tbs of low sodium soy sauce to cut back on the sodium and it still tastes great! Also, as another suggested, using pre-cut broccolli slaw instead of celery and some of the other veggies saves time.
Enjoyed making this recipe ~ I'm a chopper, what can I say! Used a red bell pepper & served this colorful chicken dish over a mix of rice & peas! Considering the amount of sodium already in the ingredients, I omitted any S&P at the end & cut back the red chili sauce to 1 teaspoon! Loved it, & thanks much for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders cooking game]