Entire recipe: 195 calories, 4g fat, 693mg sodium, 37g carbs, 10g fiber, 10g sugars, 7.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5* This may very well become your new FAVORITE sandwich. Cook the veggies the night before, and just assemble the sandwich in the morning!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices eggplants, 1/2-inch-thick round
- 1/2 medium zucchini, cut widthwise, end removed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Oroweat Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins (like Arnold or Brownberry or Oroweat Sandwich Thins)
- 1 piece large red pepper, roasted, packed in water, drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- 1Place eggplant slices in a medium bowl. Slice zucchini half lengthwise into thirds, and add to the bowl. Drizzle with vinegar, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- 2Bring a grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook eggplant and zucchini until softened and slightly charred, 5 - 7 minutes per side.
- 3Let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- 4Split sandwich bun into halves. Thoroughly blot dry eggplant and zucchini. Place 1 eggplant slice on the bottom half of the bun, and evenly top with zucchini and roasted red pepper. Top with remaining slice of eggplant.
- 5Spread the top of the bun with hummus, and place over the sandwich.
- 6Tightly wrap sandwich with plastic wrap, and store it with a cold pack!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungry Girl Grilled 'n Chilled Sandwich - Ww 5p+
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.4
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 358.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Oroweat Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins