Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Entire recipe: 195 calories, 4g fat, 693mg sodium, 37g carbs, 10g fiber, 10g sugars, 7.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5* This may very well become your new FAVORITE sandwich. Cook the veggies the night before, and just assemble the sandwich in the morning!
- 2 slices eggplants, 1/2-inch-thick round
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini, cut widthwise, end removed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Oroweat Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins (like Arnold or Brownberry or Oroweat Sandwich Thins)
- 1 piece large red pepper, roasted, packed in water, drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- Place eggplant slices in a medium bowl. Slice zucchini half lengthwise into thirds, and add to the bowl. Drizzle with vinegar, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Bring a grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook eggplant and zucchini until softened and slightly charred, 5 - 7 minutes per side.
- Let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Split sandwich bun into halves. Thoroughly blot dry eggplant and zucchini. Place 1 eggplant slice on the bottom half of the bun, and evenly top with zucchini and roasted red pepper. Top with remaining slice of eggplant.
- Spread the top of the bun with hummus, and place over the sandwich.
- Tightly wrap sandwich with plastic wrap, and store it with a cold pack!