Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ok I admit, I've been intrigued by Hungry Girl! The website has fantastic info (so does the book) and they include Weight Watchers POINTS too!! This particular shake is HG's take on Carl Jr.'s Captain Crunch Shake. Makes 1 shake = 3 points.
- 5 ounces unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, beverage
- 1⁄2 cup breyers double churn free fat free vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup Cap'n Crunch cereal (original)
- 1 ounce sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 1 teaspoon fat free Coffee-mate or 1 teaspoon sugar-free french vanilla powdered coffee creamer, dissolved in 1 tbsp. warm water
- 3 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fat free Reddi-Wip topping
- Place all the ingredients in a blender, and then blend with 3 ice cubes.
- One at a time, add more ice cubes and then resume blending, until your ideal consistency is reached. (I like my shakes pretty thick, so I end up using about 5 - 7 cubes in total.)
- Then pour your shake into a glass, and top it off with the Reddi-wip!
I don't like Cap'n Crunch, but my kids and husband do. They all loved this shake. I couldn't find the vanilla syrup so left it out. It must have still tasted okay since I was asked for seconds by all.
This is fabulous as I love Captain Crunch. I always have cartons of Unsweetened Almond Breeze in the house. If you have never used it, it is where the soy milk is at the grocery store but that is where the simularity ends. Almond Breeze is SO much better as I hate soy milk and it's only 40 calories per cup with alot of calcium. Also, I use it for my protein shakes so I had some Almond Breeze mini ice cubes in the freezer which I used instead of regular ice cubes in this shake.