Recipe by Kathy(
The first time I made this recipe, it was okay. I wasn't thrilled about it because I found that I like my oatmeal warm, not chilled. The second time around, I skipped the chilling step, ate it warm, and was much happier with the results.
- 78.07 ml old fashioned oats
- 177.44 ml unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1 g packet stevia or 1 g packet Splenda sugar substitute
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml vanilla extract
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml non-fat vanilla yogurt (100 calories per 6 oz serving type)
- 1.23 ml cinnamon, divided
- 118.29 ml chopped fuji apple
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oatmeal ingredients in a small nonstick pot. Add 3/4 cup water and mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 9 minutes. Stir often. When thick and creamy, removed from heat. Cool slightly. Refrigerate until chilled (1 1/2 hours).
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt with 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon. Set aside.
- Stir oatmeal until uniform in texture. Spoon half into a tall glass, top with half the yogurt and half the chopped apple. Repeat.