Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The first time I made this recipe, it was okay. I wasn't thrilled about it because I found that I like my oatmeal warm, not chilled. The second time around, I skipped the chilling step, ate it warm, and was much happier with the results.
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1 (1 g) packet stevia or 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt (100 calories per 6 oz serving type)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fuji apple
- Combine oatmeal ingredients in a small nonstick pot. Add 3/4 cup water and mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 9 minutes. Stir often. When thick and creamy, removed from heat. Cool slightly. Refrigerate until chilled (1 1/2 hours).
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt with 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon. Set aside.
- Stir oatmeal until uniform in texture. Spoon half into a tall glass, top with half the yogurt and half the chopped apple. Repeat.