Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found on hungry girl website
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped and seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons black bean & corn salsa
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 5 baked corn tortilla chips, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 3 ounces cooked and chopped skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients.
- 3 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped and seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons water, and mix well.
- To make the salad, place lettuce in a large bowl (or on a large plate). Top with onion, bell pepper, salsa, cheese, and broken tortilla chips.
- Toss chicken with parsley, cilantro, and garlic powder. Add to salad, and serve with dressing!
- MAKES 1 SERVING.
Yummy salad and the dressing is packed full of heat...loved it! I did make a few subs...I used sweet onion...(I already had some chopped)...and instead of the black bean and corn salsa I used just a salsa...(I didn't have the other salsa)...but I bet that the bean and corn salsa would add even more colors to the plate...I omitted the parsley because I really don't care for it...just and FYI...make sure to read through the recipe...I almost didn't put in the water to thin the dressing...I think the dressing is the star of this dish...made for Spring 2014 PAC...=)