Recipe by Queenkungfu
I have made this more than once now so I am putting it in here for easy access. This is a recipe for those who are watching there weight.
Top Review by hipstermama
LOVE. IT!! This is a great alternative to my usual smoothies for breakfast...so easy to make, very warm and sweet and satisfying. I'll be adding this one to the regular rotation. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup oats (not instant)
- 2 tablespoons Swiss Miss diet cocoa mix (1 packet, 25 calories)
- 1⁄2 medium banana, mashed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour cocoa mix into a glass with cinnamon, sweetener and salt.
- Add 1/4 cup of hot water, and stir thoroughly. Once cocoa mix has dissolved, add 1/4 cup of cold water and stir.
- Place mixture in the fridge to chill. (Make sure it is cold, or oatmeal may bubble over when cooking!).
- When ready, combine with mashed banana and oats in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, and mix well.
- Microwave dish for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes (depending on how thick you like your oatmeal).
- Give it a stir, and then allow oatmeal to cool and thicken. Enjoy!