Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I have made this more than once now so I am putting it in here for easy access. This is a recipe for those who are watching there weight.
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup oats (not instant)
- 2 tablespoons Swiss Miss diet cocoa mix (1 packet, 25 calories)
- 1⁄2 medium banana, mashed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 dash salt
- Pour cocoa mix into a glass with cinnamon, sweetener and salt.
- Add 1/4 cup of hot water, and stir thoroughly. Once cocoa mix has dissolved, add 1/4 cup of cold water and stir.
- Place mixture in the fridge to chill. (Make sure it is cold, or oatmeal may bubble over when cooking!).
- When ready, combine with mashed banana and oats in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, and mix well.
- Microwave dish for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes (depending on how thick you like your oatmeal).
- Give it a stir, and then allow oatmeal to cool and thicken. Enjoy!
LOVE. IT!! This is a great alternative to my usual smoothies for breakfast...so easy to make, very warm and sweet and satisfying. I'll be adding this one to the regular rotation. Thanks for posting!
LOVE this!!! Thanks for adding it to zaar!
This is a great way to switch up your morning oatmeal. I love cinnamon and chocolate together (it is quite subtle here though). I skipped adding any sugar or salt to this since those are already contained in the cocoa mix (I used Ghiradelli). I tried this with and without the other half of the banana sliced on top, both ways were really good. I only cooked this 1.5 minutes, as it was very thick at that point. I love hungry girl's website, so I appreciate seeing one of her recipes on zaar!