From the Hungry Girl website!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots, roughly chopped if shreds are long
- 1 cup pillsbury moist supreme reduced-sugar yellow cake mix (1/4 of box)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup fat-free liquid egg product (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 2/3 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice (not drained)
- 2/3 cup Splenda granular, No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
- 1/4 cup raisins (not packed)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine all dry cupcake ingredients except for the carrots and raisins (in other words -- cake mix, flour, Splenda, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and baking powder). Mix well and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, egg substitute, and 1/4 cup water until blended.
- 4Add the contents of the medium bowl to the large bowl. Using a wire whisk or fork, blend until just mixed. Then, stir in the carrots, pineapple, and raisins. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- 5Evenly distribute cake mixture among the cups, and place in the oven to cook for 20 - 25 minutes (until a toothpick poked into the center of one comes out clean).
- 6While the cupcakes cook, combine all the frosting ingredients in a small bowl. Using a whisk or fork, blend until smooth. Place frosting in the fridge to chill.
- 7Once cupcakes are fully cooked, remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool completely. Then plate cupcakes, and spread frosting evenly over tops.
- 8Refrigerate until frosting has set and you're ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungry Girl Carrot Cake Cupcakes (Ww 2 Points)
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.0
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 98.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sugar yellow cake mix
fat-free liquid egg product