From the Hungry Girl 200 under 200 Cookbook. This is another breakfast recipe that is terrific with lots of flavor but few calories. This makes 1 serving so if wanting to serve to guests, you need to make one per person. I used a 6 inch long little baking dish and it worked out great. The book recommends a 5-6 inch wide round baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook bacon in microwave according to package and when cool chop into small pieces (or crumble).
- Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to a medium heat and add spinach to pan and cook until wilted (stir while cooking).
- Spray the small baking dish (see description) with nonstick spray. Place spinace in the dish.
- Break cheese wedge into quarters and place on top of spinach and cover with bacon pieces.
- Pour egg substitute over bacon, season with salt and pepper then top with slice of cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until egg is firm and fully cooked.