Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The pudding should be a product like Jell-o sugar-free chocolate pudding snacks (60 calories each). I used a 5-grain cereal instead of old-fashioned oats and dark chocolate sugar-free pudding. Cold oatmeal was okay, but next time I will not chill the oatmeal and have a warm parfait -- afterall warm pudding is so good, why not give it a try?
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 (1 g) packet sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened fat-free almond milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (80 g) bananas, sliced
- 1 (106 g) container sugar-free chocolate pudding
- 1 teaspoon semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Prepare oatmeal 1-2 hours ahead of time.
- Combine oats, sweetener, and salt in a small nonstick pot. Add almond milk and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 9 minutes. Stir often until thick and creamy. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Cool slightly then transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled. Minimum of 90 minutes or overnight.
- Assemble Parfait: Add half the oatmeal to a tall glass. Top with half of the pudding and half of the banana slices. Repeat oatmeal, pudding, banana. Top with chocolate chips.