1/3 Photos of Hungry for Italian Sausage and Cabbage
This is an Italian twist on the ever popular Hungarian dish using cabbage and noodles. This is a delicious one dish meal bursting with flavor. Created for RSC #14.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 3 sweet Italian sausages
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups napa cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 cup diced pimento, drained
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook the tortellini as per package directions, drain reserving 3 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- 2Place the sausages in boiling water and cook until firm, remove and cool until cool enough to handle. Thinly slice the sausage.
- 3Over medium heat, melt the butter and add olive oil, cook sausages through until nicely browned; stir in onions, minced garlic and cabbage.
- 4Saute for 5 minutes or until cabbage is crisp tender; stir in drained cooked tortellini, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes and pimentos. Season with salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 5Lower the heat to low, add the crème fraiche and reserved pasta cooking liquid; cook just until warmed through.
- 6Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and crusty Italian bread.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungry for Italian Sausage and Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.9
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 110.6 mg
- Sodium 1195.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 23.1 g