Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
This took about as much energy as I could muster today. Simple, tasty and my toddler ate it too :)
- 300 g ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 onion, sliced
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 pinch mixed Italian herbs
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil in a deep frypan and brown onion, aprox 2 minute.
- Add mince and cook til browned.
- Add chopped tomatoes, mixed spice, chili, herbs, salt and pepper. Cook til tomatoes collapse slightly.
- Add 1/2c water and continue cooking until mixture becomes slightly saucy, aprox 8 minute
- Make 3 holes in mince mixture and break an egg into each hole. Place a tight fitting lid over the pan and cook eggs to your liking.
- Serve over rice or with any type of flat bread, roti, lebanese bread etc.