Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes. I have added just 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning to this recipe, per review stating that is was a little on the bland side. Hope you will try this and give me your feedback!!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup celery, Chopped, 2 Stalks
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped, 1 Md
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans, white limas
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, brand of choice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Cook and stir the meat, celery, onion, and garlic in a large skillet until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the the excess fat.
- Stir in the undrained garbanzo beans and remaining ingredients.
- TO COOK IN A SKILLET: Heat the mixture to boiling then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- TO COOK IN THE OVEN: Pour the mixture into an ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake in a 375 degree F. oven until hot and bubbly, about 45 minutes.
I have used this recipe for YEARS...20 at least and its still the BEST!! My family Loves it. I burned them out on this after a while , then quit making it...5 years ago I made it again and the kids fell in love with it again..It's FABULOUS!!
I know this is an adopted recipe so I'll give my full review and suggestions. This was a little bland for my liking. It has a campfire chili feel to it, so I think it needs a little more flavour. This would benefit from either a cup of a bold BBQ sauce or chilis. I added some Chipotle Tabasco to my bowl and it improved the meal for me.