Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in my mother-in-law's "Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off Cookbook" and can't wait to try it out!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans or 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In large skillet, combine ground beef, celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook over med-hi heat until meat is browned and veggies are tender.
- Drain beef mixture and reduce heat to low; stir in tomato paste, water, paprika, and salt. Add both types of beans; simmer mixture, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, open biscuits and place on lightly floured surface; cut out and reserve centers.
- Reserve ½ cup of meat mixture; pour remaining mixture into 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Arrange biscuits, without centers, over hot mixture; spoon reserved meat mixture into center of biscuits and top with reserved biscuit holes. Bake for 15-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Good hearty, stick to your ribs kind of dish. Very delicious! The only problem I had was that my biscuits on top got way too dark before they were fully cooked. Next time I would lower the oven temp to the degrees called for on the biscuit can. Other than that this is a very tasty all in one meal!