1/2 Photos of Hungarian Veal Stew
1 hr 20 mins
This is yummy served over mashed potatoes. Boneless chicken or lean pork could be substituted for the veal if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- 2Slowly saute bacon, onion, butter and mushrooms until the onions and bacon are lightly browned.
- 3Remove the bacon, onion and mushrooms with a slotted spoon and place in a baking dish.
- 4Add the veal to the bacon fat/butter left in the frying pan.
- 5Brown meat on all sides.
- 6Remove meat from the frying pan and mix with mixture in the baking dish.
- 7Add the chicken broth, salt, pepper, paprika and sour cream to the bacon fat in the frying pan.
- 8Mix well and bring to almost boiling (do not boil).
- 9When hot pour over meat in baking dish.
- 10Cover dish with lid or tin foil and bake for 1 hour or until veal is tender.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Veal Stew
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.5
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 242.8 mg
- Sodium 1034.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 47.0 g