Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice spicey Hungarian dish. Add more cayenne if you like hotter taste. Tastes even better the next day.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs veal stew meat, cut into 1 " cubes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash red cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- hot cooked noodles
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add veal, onion, and garlic.
- Cook and stir until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Stir in catsup, worcestershire, sugar, salt, paprika, mustard, cayenne, and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cover, simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Blend flour and 1/4 cup water.
- Gradually stir into meat mixture.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve over noodles.
VERY good! I've been trying to find a good Hungarian Goulash that comes close to one of our favorite Czeck Restaruants. This is really really close.. I did put 2 tablespoons of Hungarian Paprika instead of 2tsps and I used beef broth instead of water. Next time I think I'll try it with pork. Thanks for posting!