Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 3 cups self rising flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon self rising flour (in all)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs chicken legs or 3 lbs chicken thighs or 3 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons fresh and chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh and chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh and chopped rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Combine 1 cup flour and pepper dredge chicken and brown in oil,remove chicken.
- In same pan saute onion and garlic till tender.
- Add 1T.
- flour cook 1 minute stirring constantly slowly add broth stirring constantly.
- Add herbs,lemon rind and juice.
- Return chicken and simmer covered 30 minutes.
- Then remove chicken and keep warm.
- Combine 2 cups flour and whipping cream stir with a fork gently pat into 2-inch balls handling as little as possible.
- Bring broth to boil and add dumplings cover and simmer 7-10 minutes or till firm in center.
- Remove from heat stir in sour cream.