Recipe by SMOKENOS
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This is a spicy yellow wax pepper flavored chowder, with a sweeter creamy flavor from the cream cheese to the fresh corn, right down to the sweet italian sausage.
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 2 hot hungarian peppers, diced (Yellow wax)
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large sweet green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 gallon water
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 6 slices bacon, cooked with Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons chicken base (minors)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground is the best
- 1 whole onion, diced
- garlic clove, diced fine
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked and cut kernels for use in the chowder
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs, used as a thickener along with the flavor
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Start by browning the itialian sausage and bacon together until they are cooked. Drain any access grease but using the same pan while its hot pour about a 2 cups of the water into the pan to get all the goodness out.
- Put togther all the ingrediants into large stock pot ,except salt and pepper.
- Cook on a very low simmer for about 2-3 hours until peppers and onions are soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crutons and melted provolone over top.
- Or make some cornbread.
- Dont forget to use your reynolds wrap under the bowls of soup so you dont get cheese all over in your oven while melting your cheese over the crutons :).