Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs 30 mins
From Pillsbury Doughboy Slow Cooker Recipies (2003).
- 2 lbs lean boneless chuck roast, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 cups carrots, fresh baby
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles, uncooked (10 cups)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In 3 1/2 to 4- quart cooker, combine beef, carrots, onion and bell pepper. Add flour, paprika, salt, thyme and pepper; toss to coat. Add chili sauce and broth; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 8 hours.
- Allow 35 minutes before serving, stir mushrooms into stew. Cover; cook on low setting an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Meanwhile, cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on the package. Drain.
- At serving time, stir sour cram into stew until well mixed. Spoon noodles into individual shallow bowls. Top each with stew. Sprinkle with parsley.
A very good stew I made stove-top having no crock pot in the house. After six hours on a very low heat the meat was fork tender and vegetables tender crisp the way we like them. Made for Spring 09 PAC.
This was a wonderful stew to have on a dark, rainy afternoon. Very easy to put together in the crock pot and forget, until the delicious smells get your attention around dinner time. Followed directions exactly and loved it. Served with fresh bread and garden salad for a complete meal! Thank you for posting it. Reviewed for PAC-Fall07