Recipe by LaJuneBug
From Pillsbury Doughboy Slow Cooker Recipies (2003).
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
A very good stew I made stove-top having no crock pot in the house. After six hours on a very low heat the meat was fork tender and vegetables tender crisp the way we like them. Made for Spring 09 PAC.
- 2 lbs lean boneless chuck roast, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 cups carrots, fresh baby
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles, uncooked (10 cups)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3 1/2 to 4- quart cooker, combine beef, carrots, onion and bell pepper. Add flour, paprika, salt, thyme and pepper; toss to coat. Add chili sauce and broth; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 8 hours.
- Allow 35 minutes before serving, stir mushrooms into stew. Cover; cook on low setting an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Meanwhile, cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on the package. Drain.
- At serving time, stir sour cram into stew until well mixed. Spoon noodles into individual shallow bowls. Top each with stew. Sprinkle with parsley.