Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a traditional Hungarian recipe that I have learned to make from my Hungarian fiance who misses this from home. Until meeting him I don't think I truly understood what great desserts should be.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Beat egg yolks until light yellow medium mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, lemon juice (or vanilla), and mix until thick.
- Add baking powder and flour gradually and mix well.
- In a clean bowl beat egg whites and salt until very stiff.
- Carefully fold egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- Grease and flour two 9" cake pans and pour batter evenly into them.
- Bake for one hour, remove from pans, and cool on cooling racks.