1 hr 15 mins
This is a traditional Hungarian recipe that I have learned to make from my Hungarian fiance who misses this from home. Until meeting him I don't think I truly understood what great desserts should be.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325F.
- 2Beat egg yolks until light yellow medium mixing bowl.
- 3Add sugar, lemon juice (or vanilla), and mix until thick.
- 4Add baking powder and flour gradually and mix well.
- 5In a clean bowl beat egg whites and salt until very stiff.
- 6Carefully fold egg whites into the yolk mixture.
- 7Grease and flour two 9" cake pans and pour batter evenly into them.
- 8Bake for one hour, remove from pans, and cool on cooling racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Sponge Cake (Piskota Torta)
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 188.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 7.0 g