Tender, falling apart beef ribs in a tangy sauce reminiscent of slow cooked barbecue. I've also made this with country style pork ribs (very, very good). The original recipe calls for cooking the noodles in the sauce, but I like to use a hearty noodle like bowties or kluski and cook separately, then mix in before serving.
- I trim some of the fat from the short ribs. There is plenty marbled throughout to keep these moist. Brown ribs in a Dutch oven in hot oil.
- Remove ribs and sauté onions until softened but not brown. Return ribs to pot.
- Blend tomato sauce, 1 cup water, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard, and Worcestershire. Pour over ribs.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cook 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Skim off fat.
- Stir in noodles and additional 1 cup water.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes until noodles are tender.