Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A family favourite my Father used to make, great for brunch and very simple.
- 8 eggs
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- pepper, to taste
- 4 warm crusty bread rolls
- Snip the bacon into thin strips.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the bacon, fry gently stirring often, till it starts to crisp.
- Remove from pan, leaving the oil, keep warm.
- Thinly slice the onion and fry gently until starting to brown at the edges.
- Remove the onion from the pan and add to bacon, keep warm.
- Slice the pepper and fry gently until softened.
- Whisk the eggs with a fork.
- Drain off any excess oil in the pan.
- Return the bacon and onion to the pan and warm though.
- Pour the eggs over the mixture and leave until cooked halfway through.
- Flip the egg mixture in sections, at this point it will break up and look a bit messy.
- Cook for a further minute or until the eggs are still just runny in the middle.
- Serve on warmed plates, add freshly ground black pepper.