Recipe by Da Huz
I was surprised not to find a similar recipe here. This one is modified from cooks.com. I have only ever made bulk sausage from this recipe. I'm not sure what modifications might be needed (if any) to make links from this recipe.
- 2267.96 g ground pork (we grind our own from whatever happens to be on sale -- roast, butt, chops, etc)
- 15 garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml ground sage
- 14.79 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 22.18 ml black pepper
- 73.94 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml fennel seed (or use caraway seeds)
- 4.92 ml allspice
- 29.58 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the garlic.
- If you are using a meat grinder, run the peeled garlic through the grinder. Otherwise mince very finely.
- If you are grinding your own pork, don't trim the fat! It helps keep the sausage from drying out when cooking.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well by hand to distribute the seasoning evenly throughout the meat.
- Cook and enjoy! This sausage greatly enhances Eastern European soups or stews.