Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I was surprised not to find a similar recipe here. This one is modified from cooks.com. I have only ever made bulk sausage from this recipe. I'm not sure what modifications might be needed (if any) to make links from this recipe.
- 5 lbs ground pork (we grind our own from whatever happens to be on sale -- roast, butt, chops, etc)
- 15 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons ground sage
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons black pepper
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed (or use caraway seeds)
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Peel the garlic.
- If you are using a meat grinder, run the peeled garlic through the grinder. Otherwise mince very finely.
- If you are grinding your own pork, don't trim the fat! It helps keep the sausage from drying out when cooking.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well by hand to distribute the seasoning evenly throughout the meat.
- Cook and enjoy! This sausage greatly enhances Eastern European soups or stews.