Recipe by Aunt Cookie
This recipe is an adoptee from the RecipeZaar account. It's a nice, simple potato casserole; very satisfying. Next time I make it, I will toss the potatoes with most of the butter, rather than leaving the butter in the bottom of the casserole. I will also drizzle the top with some butter (the breadcrumbs don't seem to brown, otherwise). I hope you like it!
- 6 medium potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cups sour cream, about 16 oz
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour melted butter in a casserole.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Layer in casserole half of the potatoes, green onions, sour cream mixture and bread crumbs.
- Repeat a second layer of each.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in 350 F for 30 minutes.