Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is an adoptee from the RecipeZaar account. It's a nice, simple potato casserole; very satisfying. Next time I make it, I will toss the potatoes with most of the butter, rather than leaving the butter in the bottom of the casserole. I will also drizzle the top with some butter (the breadcrumbs don't seem to brown, otherwise). I hope you like it!
- 6 medium potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cups sour cream, about 16 oz
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- Pour melted butter in a casserole.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Layer in casserole half of the potatoes, green onions, sour cream mixture and bread crumbs.
- Repeat a second layer of each.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in 350 F for 30 minutes.
I found this pretty bland as well. I think some herb(s) would help and more butter, too. Hubby loved it but I found it a bit ho=hum.
Try mixing the sourcream with one egg and pour it on the top. Leave it in oven until it browns. You need some smoked meat in it or some sausage otherwise it is quite blend.