Recipe by glitter
This soup will keep you toasty on a cold wintry day. Don't forget the hot hard crusted homemade bread with lots of butter. When no one is looking you might even dunk a small piece into your soup. Yumm!F!
Top Review by freezinginwisconsin
D-lish! This is a simple dish but soooo good. The texture is like velvet and the flavor is hearty and sublime. Added a bit less on the sourcream and was still wonderful. You could make a double batch so you have enough for the next day. Highly recommended.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In the butter sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add the potatoes, water, and salt.
- Cover, bring to a boil and cook for 15 minute.
- until the potatoes are tender.
- Blend the flour, paprika and sour cream until smooth.
- Stir this mixture into the potato mixture.
- Slowly add the milk, Stirring constantly.
- Season to taste.