Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A good basic potato soup with a Hungarian flavor.
Make and share this Hungarian Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Bring broth to a boil and add the potatoes, onion, carrot, celery and green pepper.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Discard the onion and green pepper.
- Mix together the flour and water to form a paste. With a spatula, slowly stir in the sour cream and this mixture to the hot soup.
- Add dill and paprika.
- Simmer the soup for another 5 minutes, or has slightly thickened.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
This is a delicious, easy to make soup that I'll make again. I left out the sour cream, but otherwise followed the recipe as written.
This is one of the best potato soup recipes I've ever made and I know for sure this is one I'll be making this winter to warm us up! I also blended the soup so did not add the flour/water. It thickens up great and is so delicious! Thanks for such an awesome simple recipe!