A good, hearty and inexpensive meal, also very easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the onion in the oil in a heavy bottomed pot. Salt it so the layers separate.
- 2When onion is translucent, lower the heat and push onions to the side.
- 3Add the paprika, and saute in oil for 2 minutes, stirring vigorously. Don't let the paprika burn!
- 4Mix in the onion, add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes on medium high, stirring frequently.
- 5Mix the water and flour, add to the pot and stir.
- 6Add pepper and parsley, taste and add salt as necessary.
- 7Cover, stirring occasionally, cook on medium high for 20 minutes.
- 8Add cabbage and carrot, cook on medium low for 10 minutes.
- 9Serve over broad egg noodles with a dollop of sour cream to garnish (omit this step for a healthier option).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Potato Paprikas
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1191.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g