Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Perfect enjoyed with creamed spinach and veal schnitzel.
- 6 medium potatoes, shredded (approx. 5 cups)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Shred the raw potatoes into a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until thick and lemon coloured. Blend the potatoes, flour salt and oil into the eggs and mix until combined. Heat a lightly oiled frying pan then drop batter by spoonfuls onto the hot pan, flattening the batter (batter will be thick) to even out the pancake. Cook, turning once until golden brown.
- Note: If you spray the shredder with non-sticking cooking spray prior to shredding the potatoes, they will not stick.
- Delicious served with creamed spinach.
Wouldn't it be the same if I use pancake flower?
This was the first time I had potato pancakes and I really enjoyed them. Such an simple and easy way to eat potatoes.
Made this recipe and I did cut it in half for DH and I and still I had quite a bit. I followed the directions as written and next time I think I might add a little onion (or onion powder) just for our tastes. There will be a next time. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game.