Recipe by papergoddess
Another one of my mom's recipes. What can I say, she was a great cook!
Top Review by Theresa P
I cooked this for DH and I tonight using 4 pork chops.This was GREAT!!!I will be fixing this again.It was tangy and creamy.We had it with buttered noodles and peas.YUMMMM.I had lots of sauce and enough for leftovers tomorrow.THANKS for a great dinner!!!
- 6 pork chops or 6 pork steaks
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chicken broth (or 1 cup water and 1 chicken bouillon cube)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- oil or cooking spray
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper.
- Sear chops in large skillet in oil or cooking spray.
- Remove chops to a plate.
- Sauté onions and garlic in drippings until onion is limp.
- Return chops to the skillet with broth, bay leaf, and paprika.
- Cover tightly and simmer about 1 hour.
- Remove chops from liquid again.
- Mix water and flour in a shaker and whisk into liquid.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sour cream, if desired.
- Return chops to gravy.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or hot cooked noodles.
- (Note: This was my mom's recipe for pork chops. I do not add the sour cream, myself, because I don't think it needs it. You might taste it before adding it, then decide).