Top Review by forthefunofit
I loved this recipe and it was very easy. I increased the amount of garlic and served it over pasta with a side salad for a filling, satisfying meal. Thank you for posting!
- 2 lbs barbecued pork, trimmed
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (26 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 2 cups sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork into 2-inch cubes.
- In large Dutch oven, combine pork, onion, garlic, dill, caraway, salt, bouillon cube and boiling water.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- Add paprika; stir to dissolve. Add sauerkraut; mix well.
- Simmer, covered, until meat is tender, 1 hour or longer.
- Stir in sour cream; heat thoroughly.