Hungarian Pork and Lentil Stew
- In a large, deep saucepan, heat the olive oil over the high heat. Add in the onion, pork, hot and Hungarian paprika. Stir until browned. It should take about 4 minutes.
- Add in the lentils, thyme, tomato paste, sugar, stock. Season to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Lower the heat to very minimal. Cover with lid and cook, for approximately 18 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook for further 25 minutes. Make sure it becomes thick. Remove from the heat, then set aside for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomato. By using a sharp knife, cut the tomato in half, then remove the seeds. Slice the flesh into thin strips.
- To serve, stir in the yoghurt to the stew. Scatter with tomato. To better fill your stomach, serve with some rice.