Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Complete Low Fat Recipes
Make and share this Hungarian Pork and Lentil Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 500 g lean pork, diced
- 2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 60 g red lentils
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- 375 ml beef stock
- 1 tomato, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt
- salt and black pepper
- In a large, deep saucepan, heat the olive oil over the high heat. Add in the onion, pork, hot and Hungarian paprika. Stir until browned. It should take about 4 minutes.
- Add in the lentils, thyme, tomato paste, sugar, stock. Season to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Lower the heat to very minimal. Cover with lid and cook, for approximately 18 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook for further 25 minutes. Make sure it becomes thick. Remove from the heat, then set aside for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomato. By using a sharp knife, cut the tomato in half, then remove the seeds. Slice the flesh into thin strips.
- To serve, stir in the yoghurt to the stew. Scatter with tomato. To better fill your stomach, serve with some rice.