Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This sauce is good on chicken, fish, veal, dumplings (spatzle), or noodles. You can replace a tablespoon or two of sour cream with whipping cream.
- 2 tablespoons bacon or 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped (red, orange or yellow)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Saute the onions in the fat until they are soft.
- Add the tomato, paprika, salt and bell pepper.
- Continue cooking the sauce for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream.