Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy, very Hungarian potato dish which is great served with smoked sausage.
Make and share this Hungarian Paprika Potatoes (Paprikas Krumpli) recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and olive oil together.
- Sauté the onions for 5 minutes.
- Put all of the rest of the ingredients into the pot, just barely covering the potatoes with water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Avoid stirring as much as you can to keep the potatoes from breaking apart.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until tender.
do try! it's delicious!
I really enjoyed this recipe a lot- cheap ingredients, but its hearty, and warms the belly too. I followed the recommendation for adding sausage- in my case I went with knackwurst and it worked out very well. I cooked the meat first before the onions, and then followed the rest of the recipe. I will be making this one again, though maybe with less hot paprika (would 1/2 hot and 1/2 sweet work?) so the wife can enjoy some too.