Recipe by BoxO'Wine
A traditional treat in Hungarian households especially on Christmas morning. I make these in batches to freeze so when the grandchildren come over I use these as a bribe for them to behave. Works every time.
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pam cooking spray, for pan (butter flavor)
- 1 lb pot cheese
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 3 -5 drops vanilla
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs well.
- Add milk, salt, sugar, and vanilla, Gradually add sifted flour beating until smooth a a thin batter.
- Heat small frying pan (or crepe pan).
- Spray lightly with Pam.
- Pour in enough batter to cover pan with very thin layer.
- Tilt pan with circular motion with wrist so mixture spreads eveny.
- Pancakes cook very quicly, about 30 secs on each side.
- Spread cheese filling, or grape jelly, or lekvar, or any jelly you like on the pancake and roll.
- You can also eat plain with a little powdered sugar sifted on top.
- Cheese filling: mix all ingredients well, adding sugar to taste.